|AIA Indiana 2012 Codes Seminar - Using the Codes as a Pre-Design Tool
|Monday, June 11 2012, 7:30am - 5:00pm||by
||Hits : 566 |
AIA INDIANA 2012 CODES SEMINAR – Using the Codes as a Pre-Design Tool
Sponsored by Somerset CPAs, P.C.
The seminar focus is on the use of the adopted Codes as a pre-design tool. Required primary design issues are covered including occupancy classification, components of the means of egress, egress arrangement, protection of building structures, life safety systems requirements, and accessibility.
EARN 8 AIA/CES/HSW Learning Units!
Date and Location
Monday, June 11, 2012
7:30 a.m. - registration, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Somerset CPAs, P.C.
3925 River Crossing Parkway
First Floor Conference Room
Indianapolis, IN 46240
Continental breakfast and working lunch provided by Somerset CPAs, P.C.
Who Should Attend
Architects, Engineers, Interior Designers, Contractors, Inspectors, Interns & Draftsmen
$250 - Non-member Professionals
$200 - AIA/ACEC Members
$150 - Interns
CLICK HERE to register online and pay by credit card. To pay by check please email or call AIA Indiana Executive Director Jason Shelley (
or 317-634-6993) and provide the name and email address of each attendee and mail a check payable to "AIA Indiana" to 201 N. Illinois St., Suite 1410, Indianapolis, IN 46204.
2012 Seminar Subjects
International Building Code and Life Safety Code
1. Using the Codes as a Design Tool - with Project Checklists
2. Special Inspections Requirements
2010 ADA Guidelines - Four Priorities for Compliance
1. Approach and Entrance
2. Access to Goods and Services
3. Toilet Rooms
4. Additional Access to personal use items and protection systems
THESE CODES CAN BE PURCHASED FROM THE AIA INDIANA BOOKSTORE – 317-634-3871 or www.aiaindiana.org
1. Understand the difference between Codes and Standards and the application.
2. Apply the Life Safety Code issues to a project prior to researching the other Building Codes and System standards.
3. Work with and create a checklist to assure a completed Code research during preliminary design.
4. Understand coordination requirements of the various Codes and Standards applicable to a project.
An attendee workbook is included that provides:
*Detailed course outline for the Codes investigated.
*Tables and checklists to aid the design process and provide for future reference.
Location : 3925 River Crossing Pkwy, First Floor Conference Room, Indianapolis, IN 46240